I do love a good clean out & tidy up every so often, so I've decided to play along with Tamar's September Sort It idea:
Here are my 30 'to-do' items that I'll be working my way through during September:
- Christmas list :: finish working out gift ideas for everybody.
- Handmade gift giving, making :: start making at least one Christmas present
- Handmade gift giving, buying :: purchase a couple of handmade gifts from Etsy
- Crochet basket :: sort out my yarn & tidy out the basket
- Fabric cupboard :: clean it out for the millionth time
- First aid :: sort out the first aid + medicine mess in the laundry cupboard
- Bella's bedroom :: work out which toys Bella wants to keep & move to the garage, before we start her room makeover.
- Bella's junk drawer :: Sort it out together!!
- Bella's upper cupboard :: pull out all the old baby toys & baby clothes - work out what to keep. Eek. Huge job.
- Bella's book case :: remove it from the wall, ready for her room renovation.
- Fridge :: track down & buy a couple of containers to sort the veg & fruit out properly.
- Dehydrator :: purchase 2 more trays so I can run the dehydrator at it's full capacity!
- Craft desk :: look through the drawers - do I really need everything in there?
- Handmade decorations :: Finish off the half started decorations in the brown paper bag - it will only take 30 minutes max!
- Shoes :: go through all of our shoes in the shoe rack & remove anything that the kids have grown out of.
- Games wardrobe :: are there any games or puzzles that we've outgrown that could be moved to the garage? Or are there any that we don't want anymore - donate.
- Linen closet :: spring sort out!
- Paleo cook book folder :: start a separate cook book folder, section it & make an effort to print out new recipes as I try them. Include snack ideas too.
- Vegetable garden :: keep adding to the crate pile for building, but more importantly start working out where the first bed will go. Read all the Mittleider gardening bed info again & get it sorted in my head.
- Vegetable garden :: start a plan for what to plant & when!
- Caravan :: air the van ready for our spring/summer adventures - check bedding and wash everything on our first sunny weekend.
- Nail polish :: come up with a better solution for Bella's nail polish storage - a wicker basket perhaps? Look on pinterest for ideas & move them out of the mini bathroom cupboard.
- Crochet squares - sampler blanket :: crochet 4 squares minimum this month and join.
- Crochet caravan blanket :: crochet a minimum of 8 rows
- Crochet - Bella's blanket :: finish the 5th block!! You can do it!!
- Incoming mail :: sort out the little wooden mail box in the kitchen.
- Book case :: go through the hallway book case with Rich & see if any books can be donated.
- Laundry door - fix the laundry door, to prevent it sticking sometimes when it slides.
- Laundry wall - patch and paint the little mark on the wall above the washing machine.
- Bathroom - paint the door.
Actually I'm adding in a 31st item (thanks for the reminder Nicole!):
- Project Life :: complete at least 2 double page spreads for September.
So, there's my September Sort It list - I can't wait to chip away at this last and start!