Yesterday I made lemon meringue pie and a double batch of honey cookies. A few of you have asked for the honey cookie recipe, so here we go....
- 90 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 155 grams self raising flour
- a good heaped tablespoon honey
- Cream butter/sugar
- Add the flour and honey - mix well
- Form a ball with the dough (teaspoon full) on a cooking tray, press down with a fork
- Bake approximately 12 minutes in a moderate oven
I always do a double or triple batch! The original recipe came from my Mum and used homemade raspberry jam (instead of honey) but one day I was out of jam, so gave the honey a whirl.