Helloosh! It's Bella here and today I have an awesome guest blogger for you to do a recipe for Kids in the Kitchen. Her name is Talia and she is going to show you how to make chocolate swirls. I made some of these using Talia's instructions and they were awesome. I put them in a piece of brownie slice with some ice cream when my Pop came to dinner.
I really love cooking and I like trying out new ideas.
I have been working on some signature dishes which include my berry coulis and also this new way of decorating desserts with a chocolate swirl.
The chocolate swirls are easy to make and you can use any chocolate. They make a dessert look special.
1. Melt your chocolate.
2. Line a baking tray with some baking paper.
3. With a spoon drizzle the chocolate into blob but make sure you try to make a pattern - so go back and forth drizzling with your spoon and up and down.
4. Place your swirls in the fridge to set until you need them.
5. Carefully pull them off the baking paper.
6. Decorate your dessert by sticking them in standing up.
The dessert I made in this picture is a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake slice. But you can use the swirls on anything. I made some for Mum's chocolate cake the other day too with white chocolate and I just laid them down in the ganache not standing up and it looked really cool too. You can see that one on my Mum's blog HERE.
Thank you Bella for letting me a guest blogger - I will be trying some of your recipes soon too.
Love Talia x
P.S. You can view the other recipes in this series HERE