My handmade Christmas posts didn't quite make it up on the blog for the last two weeks, due to my trip to Dubai. Since this is the last Thursday before the big day arrives, I thought I'd share some of my favourite last minute baking ideas for the festive season. We always have an entire day of Christmas cooking in our house, which will be happening this weekend - I just need to finish stocking up on a few baking supplies so that we can start.
Some of the regular recipes that I like to bake this time of year are peppermint log, florentine slice and we always do a big batch of lemon shortbread too. I'll pop the recipes up for the these over the next few days. In the meantime, here are a few to keep you going:
- Can you see those sweet snowman treats in the very top photo? Be A Fun Mum shared the details on how to put these together and I think they are just the best.
- This is my personal favourite recipe for peppermint bark. I've made it 3 or 4 times now and it never disappoints.
- Apparently these are the world's best sugar cookies!
- Easy rum balls - I make these every year at Christmas time.
- Hot chocolate pops on a stick - love. There is a really cute packaging idea for them on this site too.
- This Christmas toffee recipe took my eye this year too - it looks lovely and simple to make. Great for a yummy last minute gift idea.
Since this will be my final handmade Christmas post for this series, I thought I'd include an easy reference round up of the previous shares for you:
- Handmade Christmas : cards & tags.
- Handmade Christmas : lotions & potions.
- Handmade Christmas : gifts for little kids.
- Handmade Christmas : gifts for big kids.
- Handmade Christmas : gifts from Etsy.
- Handmade Christmas : DIY ornaments.
- Handmade Christmas : gift wrapping ideas.
- Handmade Christmas : quick projects to make.
- Handmade Christmas : craft books.
- Handmade Christmas : gift ideas for men.
- Handmade Christmas : gift ideas for teachers.
- Handmade Christmas : bags + purses.